Jul 4, 2014

His Word in her heart

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:8
 
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.   Romans 6:23
 
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”  Romans 10:13
 
 
This is Lucy saying the verses above (for the most part).  I share this because I'm so thankful that God's Word is in her heart already, at three years old.   It's so sweet--she even prays God's word (something that I'm trying to do that she just seems to naturally do).  Her prayers have these verses and the others she's learned woven into them.  It's indescribably precious to hear her little voice praying things like, "Thank you that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

I'm not sharing this as an indication of any parenting skills, because it's God's grace that she's learning these things!  We stumbled into a few good things early, and I want to share a resource that I think has really made an impact in this area of our lives.  It's music from Seeds Family Worship (click here).  I've mentioned it before--we love it!  The song above with the verses from Romans is from the Seeds of Faith CD.  (You can listen to a sample here, and I just saw that if you're an amazon prime member, several of their songs are free--check them out!)  We also have the Purpose and Courage CDs in the player in the car, and we just listen to them as we go about.  It has been such a simple thing--just listening as we're in the car, and singing along (not big Bible-memory-cramming-sessions).  It has been a huge blessing. 

Let me just say that the first time I listened to any of the CDs, there were just a song or two that I really enjoyed, and the rest (as far as the music) were just okay.  BUT, many many many play-backs later, I enjoy most of the songs.  And they're lodged in my heart just like they're lodged in Lucy's.  They are mostly verses I knew before, but somehow having them to a tune just makes them pop into my head, often right when I need them.  On the Purpose CD there is this verse:  Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  (I Thes. 5:16-18).  When I'm wondering about (read: worrying about) making the right choices or how to know God's will, it just pops up in my mind and helps me simplify--I can do those three things and KNOW that (at least that part) IS God's will for me, and that's always a good place to start.  So what I'm saying is that it's good for the grown-ups, too.

Has anyone else enjoyed the Seeds music?  Anyone else have good verse resources to share?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment